Thursday, 29 September 2011

Unconditional Love

While I was relaxing at this particular park and enjoying the solitude, a woman and her dog joined me. I smiled hello at her and she sat on the bench adjacent to mine. Her dog ran around sniffing at the grass and shrubs then she approached me. I thought she was adorable. I said hello and stroked her head. Her human friend said she was very friendly.

I asked the woman what breed the dog was and she said it was a Rottweiler and Labrador cross. She said the dog was a year and a half old.

The dog got on the bench and sat beside me. Then she sat on my lap. She was quite heavy - 35 kilos apparently (and I am 50 kilos). I reckon my friend still thought she was a puppy. She then licked my face and lips, which made me giggle. She wouldn't leave when her friend called her. She just sat on my lap gazing at me adoringly.

"What's her name?" I asked the woman.

"Angel."

"No wonder she's so full of love," I laughed.

Then Angel ran off to explore the area. After a few minutes, she was back and sat on my lap again. This time, she licked the back of my neck, my hair, my ears, and my face. I was literally being bathed in love. Her human friend found it hilarious.

"I feel like a puppy being licked by her mum," I said.

"You are the puppy she's never going to have," the woman said.

She said Angel mothers her too.

Fortunately, a man (a regular the woman was acquainted with) soon arrived with his Labrador and Angel left me alone to play with her friend. Thank God!

Thank you, Angel, for your unconditional love; a love I didn't have to earn; a love I didn't have to do anything in exchange for. All I needed to do was receive.

Next time I walk through that park, I'm going to check if Angel is there. If she is, I'm going to give it a miss. I reckon I've had my fill of unconditional doggy love to last me this lifetime. :-)

Enocia

Related articles: Remember Love; No Respect Whatsoever!; Water Off a Duck's Back - Revisited; Love is Everywhere